Friday, September 5, 2008

Kindergarten!

Well, it's official. Nola is now a big-time kindergartner! She started school on Tuesday and is LOVING it. We got to take her to school the first day for a brief orientation period, then it was full steam ahead on Wednesday.
orientation day

Nola was a bit shell shocked when we left the room on Tuesday, but she quickly adjusted and had no problems thereafter. She was even VERY excited to take the bus on Wednesday morning. Alas, the bus driver forgot her and turned down the street before our stop. We did our best to frantically wave her down, but to no avail. Luckily, Nola caught the going home bus with no problems and we've ironed out the pickup bus difficulties. When asked, Nola says she'd rather ride the bus than get picked up or dropped off by Mom & Dad.

As is typical for our eldest, we don't get the inside scoop on her day when she gets home. Rather, the details of her life emerge in bits and pieces over the course of several days. So far, I know that a boy named Jacob likes to be tickled under his armpits. Great......

waiting for the bus that never came..


nola's going home bus

the first day is over, but my attitude is just beginning!

Aubry is also very eager to start school. She's attending a Mom's Morning Out program in Nola's old preschool this year. She'll go 2 mornings a week. Sadly for her, I actually FORGOT to send her on the first day. BAD MOMMY! It has been a crazy week.....can you tell??

I am personally having a difficult time with managing all the to-ing and fro-ing involved with school. It's going to take a few weeks to get used to being a taxi again. With Declan still taking 2 naps, an AM preschooler, and a PM kindergartner, I don't know if I'm coming or going! I know it will get better, but right now I'm definitely in the sh**.

1 comment:

Diana Kenney said...

Dear Nola,

I'm so proud of you for riding the bus! You are so mature! I'd love to find out what your favorite part of Kindergarten is. Will you write me and let me know?

Kelly, Forgetting to take Aubry to her 1st day of school...for shame!

Kisses to all,
Diana