Sunday, November 2, 2008

Facebook is bizarre

This is a totally random, picture free post. I'm sitting alone here today waiting for Greg and the girls to get back from Annapolis. Declan's napping and is thankfully feeling better after a looooong 2 days of high fever, snot, sneezing and coughing. So I decide to check out what's going on at Facebook

I look in my inbox and discover I have ANOTHER message from a random person from elementary/middle school in New Jersey. (The first came about a week ago - had a tough time remembering this boy from band/gifted and talented/english class.) This time it's a boy I had band with - he also played clarinet. Now he's living in Hoboken and is a professional opera singer. I actually do remember him because of the clarinet thing and the fact that he had really red hair and freckles.

My question is - how did these people remember me, think to search for me in facebook, and then have the motivation to send me a message? I can barely remember YESTERDAY, let alone people's names from elementary school. I don't really know what to make of it, particulary since I considered myself a pariah during those years.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

You missed a big discussion about facebook this weekend, Kelly. Guess what? MIKE HATES FACEBOOK! Okay...he doesn't HATE it...but he has very STRONG feelings about it, and, I think, against it!!! I, on the other hand, LOVE IT! Ask Greg about the photos of my cousin!! YIKES!!!